Candidate blog series: At-large candidate Michael Gabbard
Family: Wife Vicki and 4 children
Education: Norwood High Grad 1983, BA Biblical Studies from Temple School of Ministry, Paramedic since 1986, former firefighter (12 years), Police officer (3 years).
Employment: TriHealth PTS (Sales, Marketing, Customer Service)
Committees: Finance & Audit Committee, Chairman of Safety, Police & Fire. Past member of Community Development, Streets and Infrastructure, Parks & Playgrounds
Affiliations: Member of New Bethel Baptist Church and serve on the Children & Youth Leadership Board, Norwood City Schools Business Advisory Council, Norwood Soccer Association (President, coach, sponsor), Relay for Life (chairman), Voice of NHS Boys & Girls Soccer Games.
As your representative I have:
- Pushed to make our sexual predator ordinance stronger to keep the children of Norwood as safe as possible.
- Pushed to have a juvenile court held here in Norwood.
- Pushed to streamline the grass cutting of vacant properties.
- Pushed to keep our own health department here in Norwood.
- Supported more attention to our parks - addition of restrooms in Hunter, Saving Burwood Pool and new equipment at Fenwick.
- Vacant Building Ord. and removal of vacant properties.
- New CRA Ord.
- Street Resurfacing Program
- New developments
As your councilman I DO NOT play political games. As your elected official I don’t represent just a certain group of people – I represent and serve ALL the citizens of Norwood. I don’t seek attention and do most work off camera and behind the scenes. I don’t speak a lot on council floor but when I do it is to bring a strong voice for YOU.
I would like to continue to be your strong voice on council as we work to continue to improve our city. Please Vote and keep Michael Gabbard as your Council at Large on Nov. 3rd. Feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns at 531-4999 – I will actually respond to your call.