Citizens For A Better Norwood 2

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Gary Arthur's 7/25/08 email to Mayor Tom Williams

From: Gary Arthur, President Pro Tem, Norwood Health Commission

To: Mayor Williams and 15 others including Councilpersons Chuck Barlow, Mike Gabbard, Victor Schneider, Steve Thornbury and Council President Jane Grote

Date: July 25, 2008

Subject: 2nd Round Interviews

Mayor Williams,

We have completed the first round of the selection process for the replacement of the Health Commissioner. We have narrowed the search to three candidates and are ready for the second round. The Health Commission would like you and Dr. Perrino to sit in on the next interview sessions.

As previously state to you, I will be out of town beginning Wednesday, July 30 and continuing through the 25th of August. Since the Health Commission has already discussed the strengths and weaknesses of each of the remaining candidates, we do not feel that my not being there will in any way hinder the outcome or the selection of the strongest candidate for Health Commissioner. I will be monitoring my email while I am away and will be available by cell phone for any necessary discussion.

I would like to add a note regarding the residency of appointed officials. With the current housing problems facing everyone, I am of the opinion that if we are to find a viable replace for Mrs. Laake, it would not be in the best interest of our city to ask someone to relocate to Norwood at this time. Since none of the candidates interviewed are residents of Norwood, City Council does have the option of granting a waiver to the residency requirement.

I understand there has been some discussion among Council members with regards to the future of the Health Department. May I say, we are a growing city, and the Health Department needs to continue for the betterment of our neighborhoods. Too much will be lost if we underestimate the effectiveness the Health Department has on so many.

While I would like to meet on Monday or Tuesday afternoon, July 28 or 29, I realize that this probably cannot be done. Therefore, I respectfully request that you schedule this meeting at your convenience as soon as possible.

Thank you for your consideration.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home